Sunday, January 15, 2017

The Lunar Chronicles MBTI

So, I have recently discovered the amazing series The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. Oh, stars, it is fabulous. Easily one of the best-crafted series I've ever read. The fandom is fairly small though, and MBTI resources have been painfully limited. And then I realized-- I have a blog! (I kinda forget that) I can write a post with what I think! And then you all can disagree with me via comments! So, here's what I think about the types of the Rampion Crew.

Linh Cinder- ISTP: Okay, so initially this thought came to me with the nickname ISTP mechanic, which immediately led to an internal rant berating myself for relying on stereotypes, but the more I thought about it the more it made sense. Cinder is very observant, good with the present moment and physical world, which indicates Se, but I'm also quite certain she's introverted. Deciding between Ti and Fi was more difficult, but I tentatively decided Ti. She's very logical, staying cool in dangerous situations.

Kai- ENFJ: This one was kind of difficult. The only thing I was certain of at first is that he was an NF-- he's a hopeless romantic and extremely idealistic. Narrowing down his functions was a bit more difficult, but I'm reasonably confident he uses Fe, with how much he cares for his people. He constantly keeps his wants and desires in check for the safety of the Earthen Union, even if he does drop some epic sass while doing so. That makes it so his percieving function has to be Ni. After much deliberation, I decided that he's probably slightly more extroverted. He never really shows fatigue after dealing with people, and is very personal in all his communications.

Scarlet Benoit- ESTP: Scarlet. . . oh, Scarlet. She's very direct, very observant, and excellent at improvisation. She's definitely a Se-dom. She's also very blunt and direct. She may be a feeler, but I lean more towards Ti for reasons I have no idea how to articulate.

Wolf Kesley- ISFP: Oh my sweet cinnamon roll. He is sweet and perfect and I love him. Fangirling aside, I'm certain he's a Fi-dom. His whole character arc revolves around being who he really is rather than what others want him to be. He cares deeply about his convictions, his alpha, and his tomatoes. He's also very much in the present moment, taking in minute changes in an opponent's stance to win fights, and being very in touch with his senses. (Though that might have something to do with the wolf thing.)

Carswell Thorne- ESTP: Okay. How could Thorne be anything but an ESTP? His impulsivity, his focus on the external, his thrill-seeking behavior. He started a prison riot over soap, for stars' sake. He stole a spaceship he didn't know how to fly. He's very extroverted, very direct, and really, about what people think of when you say ESTP.

Cress Darnel- INFP: Cress's defining characteristics are her imagination and her kindness. She's very in tune with her feelings, and cares deeply about everything, really. And since a very young age, she's used imaginative scenarios to get through the many, many rough spots, jumping from idea to idea.

Jacin Clay- ISTJ: Jacin is another example of a stereotypical example of his type. He's extremely self-contained and doesn't take nonsense, even as a very young child. His Si is evident in the way he uses established ways to protect Winter, and is extremely loyal to her. He is also very logical and follows rules in order to get what he wants.

Winter Hayle-Blackburn- INFJ: I worried at first that this was a type bias, but I'm pretty confident in my reasoning here. She couldn't use anything but Fe as her judging function, with her incredible empathy. The way she thinks is very Ni-- consider her sitting in court, imagining her heart is a blood-platelet factory (anatomically incorrect, but it's the sentiment that matters). She thinks and speaks in abstract, but very human terms, and I'm fairly certain she's an introvert.

Iko- ESFP: Oh, my other cinnamon roll. And another example of someone who embodies their type. Iko is obsessed with the physical world, mostly in clothes, stays updated on current events, and is very feelings-oriented. Honestly, she's probably one of the easiest characters to type. And she's fabulous.

So that's my interpretation of the TLC characters. I'd love to hear what you think about them though, and if you haven't read the series, do yourself a favor and find it right now. It's completely worth everything.

I'll probably try to get back to writing about writing. To my friends who'll see this post, remind me to write next weekend, cause I have a list of potential topics and no excuses not to write. And to the rest of you, have fabulous days!

No comments:

Post a Comment